Do you have strong process governance experience, and technical leadership skills? Do you also have excellent communication skills, a passion for bridging technology and business, as well as user needs in a complex technology and stakeholder landscape? Then you might be the one we are looking for, for this newly created position.
Our client, 3Shape, have great success developing and manufacturing 3D scanners and CAD/CAM software for the dental and audio industries worldwide. They are in the beginning of a transformation journey and therefore, we are looking for a strong Chief Software Architect to transform and lead their technology governance and drive a world class architectural set-up for 3Shapes exciting and complex product landscape.
Your first assignment as Chief Software Architect will be to establish the technology governance office and a technology board, both headed by you. You will be the primary decision maker for technology direction of the software product development – currently approx. 300 employees. Also, you will ensure that the technology choices made are aligned with the strategy of the company. In addition, you will be mentoring and coaching the software architect team and take on adjacent roles on best practices and software development methodologies.
You will primarily:
- Help define and implement the process of good software architecture across 3Shape, resulting in the leadership of the Architectural Governance Office and Chair of the Technology Board
- Own and define the technology strategy for 3Shape’s software products and the technology roadmap
- Review, define, and drive strategic product architecture in collaboration with architecture team
- Define the 3Shape quality strategy for software products
- Research new technologies, products, tools, and protocols
- Encourage and drive innovation at all levels in 3Shape
- Set clear guidelines to support Product Teams in defining our Feature Roadmap
- Define and oversee software engineering best practices
- Facilitate the review and assessment of technical debt and drive activities to decrease technical drag.
You will report directly to the SVP in Research and Development and be a part of the R&D Leadership Team in 3Shape.
We are looking for a profile that:
- Brings an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for everything that applies to technology – as well as an ability to balance business needs with technical advances
- Possesses strong influencing and facilitation skills
- Can take a multifaceted approach to design and understand applications at all levels, from the “big picture” enterprise-level view to the low-level technical view
- Takes ownership of open-ended problems and drive them to completion
- Welcomes the opportunity to solve complex software development/design issues the ability to respond to new demands, priorities, and challenges
- Is comfortable with setting a clear direction and enforce strategic decisions
- Understands the opportunities and challenges of a multi-site development set-up.
- 10+ years of development experience with a proven track record of delivering high quality applications
- +5 years of experience with product architecture in a complex product landscape
- Possess an academic background in computer science or related field plus demonstrable experience in the design, architecture, and development of large-scale system, applications, and tools
- Have a successful track record of leading architecture work for large strategic projects that meet ambitious business objectives and deliver clear value
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to efficiently articulate ideas, pass along information and present visionary concepts to key decision-makers
- Strong foundation in computer science with relevant core competencies e.g. in statistics, efficient data structures, algorithm designs, 3D Graphics, AI
- Ability to lead research initiatives of existing business environment including trends, best practices and company preferred
- Open-minded and agnostic towards technology choices
- Have experience working across geographies and cultures in a multi-site set-up.
Working at 3Shape:
3Shape is an exciting, visionary, and international place to work. Here you will be able to work on solutions used by thousands of dental professionals all over the world. The company is one of the most exciting and well-reputed Danish tech companies in the medical device industry and they make a great impact worldwide.
- A vibrant and international environment with social, diverse, and highly skilled and cooperative colleagues – they are more than 40 nationalities in the DK based office
- An attractive healthcare package to keep you fit and well
- Breakfast every day, and a delicious and healthy lunch cooked by our private chefs
- A great social work environment with many optional activities and social clubs, ranging from wine & beer, board games, and running to bicycle clubs
- Attractive offices and R&D lab spaces in downtown Copenhagen close to Kgs. Nytorv, Nyhavn, and the Copenhagen Canals
- Purpose: Help improve dental patients on a global scale.
More about the company
3Shape started in 2000 with a simple idea – to make 3D scanning better. 3Shape has 2,000+ employees globally, with 500 employees in Copenhagen HQ. With the help of dental professionals and amazing colleagues they are creating award-winning scanning solutions. Together, they contribute to a better world. Experience the everyday #lifeat3Shape across the globe on Facebook and Instagram. Visit their website at www.3shape.com
Please do not hesitate to send your CV and a short application. Bloom is continuously evaluating incoming applications. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Recruitment Consultant, Freya Sofie Ø. Olesen at Bloom at email@example.com or phone +45 53 86 13 00.
Mere infoFreya Sofie Østergaard Olesen